Studying in Perth will allow you to live the authentic Aussie lifestyle. It is the capital city of Western Australia. One of the best things about the city is the fact that is it enclosed by the Australian nature. It is near the Swan River and is also bordered by the Indian Ocean on one side. The other side of the city lies the red sands of the Australian continent.
This landscape means life in Perth revolves around the sun, parks, beaches, and every outdoor activity that you can think of. With the perfect climate and more than 320 sunny days in a year, the city it able to build a strong community as people are well and able to socialise outdoors.
What is the Aussie lifestyle?
The Aussie lifestyle may be quite different from what foreigners might be used to. Although it is different, it is no doubt a great lifestyle to follow. To understand what it is, you have to know the culture in Australia.
- Casual and informal. Australians are very casual in nature. For instance, it is the custom here to professors and lecturers by their first names. This is not out of disrespect but an evidence of how informal they really are.
- Equality. This is an inclusive community. Australians promote equality regardless of gender, race, nationality, or religion. You will see this when you enter establishments and other facilities in and around Perth.
- Punctuality. Australians are punctual folks. In case you are going to be late, you are expected to call and let them know that you are running late.
- Cleanliness. Littering is strongly prohibited in Perth. Make sure you are careful of your trash and that you clean after yourself at all times.
- Smoking and drinking. There is no smoking or drinking in public places. There are also restaurants, bars, and nightclubs that will not allow smoking.
- Friendliness and hospitality. In case there is anything that you do not understand or you need help with, never hesitate to ask. Australians are always willing to help.These traits will give you an idea about the type of lifestyle that Aussies live. They are disciplined, respectful and most of all, they love their outdoors. They will take care of it because they love to spend their time outside. When you live here, you will definitely find the outdoors very appealing.
How to live the Aussie lifestyle while studying in Perth
When you live in Perth, your life will not revolve entirely in your studies. You will be enticed to experience the rich culture and live the Aussie lifestyle – most of which happen outdoors. The friendly people and the pleasant climate makes it very easy to meet new people. The Fremantle harbour is one of the best hangout places in Perth so it should be a great place to start socialising with the locals and fellow students.
Here, you will enjoy a relaxed and healthy lifestyle. There is definitely a lot of fun things to do in Perth. The transportation system will make it easy to travel around the city. You can take a short ferry ride to Rottnest Island. You can choose to visit the popular Cottesloe Beach – a relaxing beach that locals love to go to.
Feel free to visit the small towns around Perth and see the natural beauty of the Australian landscape. These places will help you immerse in the wonderful and authentic Aussie lifestyle.